19 April 2011

Tom Wainwright's Top Mayfest Picks

Tom Wainwright is a writer, performer and theatre maker based in Bristol. Tom makes solo work (he's currently touring his show Pedestrian); writes plays (his first play Muscle has been produced by both Bristol Old Vic and Hull Truck and is under commission to write another for Hull Truck) and collaborates with artists from all disciplines. Tom is currently working on a collaboration with Sam Halmarack (of...and The Miserablites) through the Ferment development programme at Bristol Old Vic.

Which 3 shows are you most looking forward to at this year’s Mayfest?

My top 3 are all unlike anything I have ever seen before:

Operation Greenfield is heart-breakingly smart and so funny, epic and joyous it made me want to jump out my seat and roar when I saw it (twice) in Edinburgh 2010.

Ousia is terrifying and beautiful. And way cool.

And Fortnight. I was a guinea pig for trials for this show and all of us lab rats became completely obsessed with it. I don't mean to sound like a nob but it's very romantic.

No comments:

Post a Comment