9 May 2011

Pushing Yourself Beyond what you Thought was Possible

Karla Shacklock talks through Beyond, her first production since running Precarious

“I am incredibly excited about the new work; Beyond. It's my first production since I was running Precarious and so for me this is pretty huge. The piece is part of an incredibly inspiring research project called Going Beyond that I anticipate is going to develop massively over the next year or so. I can’t tell you how excited I am about the discoveries we are making and what we think is a pretty boundary blurring piece of work. It’s very hard to try to define what the work is, not very helpful for marketing purposes I know, but very exciting in terms of our research. I’m not sure if it's dance, physical theatre, live art, performance art, or something completely new. I’m not sure if I’m the choreographer, the director, the facilitator, or the captain.


I think that Beyond is an explosion, a raw exploration into what happens when you push yourself beyond what you thought possible. It’s about stripping yourself bare and going into the deepest nether regions of your own consciousness, of your own self, and truthfully and authentically performing that experience. It’s an unknown adventure, it’s going somewhere, it’s going beyond.”

Nobody and Beyond plays tomorrow for one night only at Circomedia.

No comments:

Post a Comment