20 April 2011

Harriet de Winton’s Top Mayfest Picks


Harriet de Winton is a Bristol-based theatre designer who has been primarily designing for Shakespeare At The Tobacco Factory during the past 3 years. She is also Creative Editor of Cloth Magazine.


Which 3 shows are you most looking forward to at this year’s Mayfest?

Mayfest this year means cheese, pop-up books and Dame Barbara Cartland:

I certainly won’t be passing up the opportunity to join The Guild of Cheesemakers for an evening of cheese, bread and wine and what I'm sure will be a gripping evening of cheese code cracking.

I'm looking forward to Igor Corvette's Dirty Little Secret because it combines a series of performers who have been working in Bristol for quite some time, and who can claim to have brought burlesque to Bristol in the 90s, including a memorable Dame Barbara Cartland tribute.

The Ice Book's Mayfest trailer left me spellbound and regardless of my interest in design, it promises to be a breathtaking and moving piece like nothing I have seen before.

No comments:

Post a Comment